Cartridge Head Turn & Trim Machine
The OTM-4000 T&T comes standard with an OTM-200A feed system (a 20” feeder). OTM feeders have been proven in the industry to be safe, reliable and effective at keeping production rates up. The feeder is controlled on the main PLC and has low bowl indicators which let the operator know when the feeder needs to be filled; this also increases accuracy of the part and reduces the amount of wear on the cases. Instead of running through the feeder and collets twice, now they only need one operation.
With this machine combining the two operations into one you can double your output. The conventional way is having two machines running at 60 PPM doing head turn and trim in each machine. With the OTM way, you now have the same two machines worth of floor space and running at 60 PPM completed cartridges per machine. Total output is 120 PPM complete.
The OTM-4000 T&T was built with 24/7 production in mind. We know downtime costs companies money. That is why we strive to reduce jam points, operator adjustments, physical labor, and tooling changeovers. Taking a hands-off mentality, we know it is key to have effective safety features and check and measure mechanisms.
Machine Benefits & Features
- Machine combines two separate machines by turning the head turn and the mouth of the case at the same time.
- All cam operated off two motors.
- Machine built for long life.
- Quick change tooling pods.
- Increased OAL to head turn location accuracy.
- Stack light indicators to let the operator know feeder levels are low.
- Large touch screen PLC for machine controls.
- Internet connectivity for offsite machine troubleshooting.
- E-stop and other safety features.
- Machine guarding in ¼” clear polycarbonate.
- Safety sensors on machine guarding.
- All parts machined from billed aluminums, steels and stainless.
- All fasteners are stainless steel to prevent corrosion issues.
- All parts that can be will be coated for corrosion prevention.
- Solid steel frame and no blind holes to prevent areas where primer compound can gather and cause danger.
- Using solid steel instead of square tubing also adds weight which leads to machine rigidity.
- Smooth surfaces and removeable guarding to ensure easy clean up and maintenance.
- All steel parts will be heat treated and surface ground to prevent premature ware.
- Product manual (digital and hard copy) that will include recommended ware parts, and daily maintenance.
- 60 PPM run rate.
- Power requirements 110V.
- Design modeled around the old Bliss No. 30.
Also available: the OTM-4250 T&T for 50 BMG – 20MM Vulcan. Built on the same principles and with the same quality as the OTM-4000 T&T.
Safe, Reliable, and Effective
The OTM -4000 T&T comes standard with an OTM-200A feed system. This is a 20” feeder, OTM feeders have been proven in the industry to be safe, reliable, and effective at keeping production rates up. Feeder is controlled on the main PLC and has low bowl indicators which let the operator know when the feeder needs to be filled.
Designed with a through hole spindle for part access on either side of the part. If the machine is set up as a head turn, changing the machine over to trim is as simple as swapping the pins and adding the trim cutter. This allows for reduction of down time between operations.
Repeatable with in .005” (.127mm), using cams and a heavy-duty construction we are able to machine cartridges more accurately than most. This leads to providing you with the most consistent and accurate parts to your customer.
Saving Time & Energy
This machine also features a perpendicular jaw actuator. This eliminates the case tolerance issue that plagues the current draw back collets on the market now. By closing perpendicular to the part axis, you clamp wherever the part is in the jaws.
Draw back collets work off a pull stud and a taper to close a collet on the part; this allows the part to move in the collet based of the diameter of the case leading to inaccurate parts.
Jaw pressure is electronically controlled from the controller, eliminating the time and energy it takes on other machines to manually adjust the collet pressure.
Good parts exit from the front of the machine, the machine has a flap that only opens when parts are being pushed out of the jaws. This allows the separation of metal shavings and good parts to be almost 100%.
With the good parts exiting in the front of the machine; this also allows the operator to moitor the parts as they are coming out.
Part feed, part exit, and controller all on the same side for a more efficient user experience.
Brass shavings will fall out of the scrap chute on the back of the machine. Small air blower to ensure all shavings exit the machine.
Large back access panel for servicing motors and other parts on the back of the machine.