The OTM-5000LM comes standard with an OTM-300A feed system. This is a 30” feeder. OTM feeders have been proven in the industry to be safe, reliable, and effective at keeping production rates up. Feeders is controlled on the main PLC and has low bowl indicators which let the operator know when the feeder needs to be filled.
Powder hopper is intentionally kept small to prevent injury if problems occur. The hopper is made from non-sparking materials that also help reduce risk of explosion. A powder delivery system can be arranged to be added to our machine this is typically stored in a dry/blast room and transported to the machine.
To ensure that cartridges are assembled correctly, there are various checks that are done in process to ensure an accurate finish product. Before the case enters the loading stations the first dial has an inspection station to check for primer presents and mouth roundness. After the powder has been dispensed there will be an optical check to validate the amount of powder was correctly installed. After the bullet is seated, there will be another optical check to validate whether or not the bullet is inserted to the correct length.
MACHINE BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Continuous motion assembly process.
- Spring loaded pins on an upper cam follower to ensure accurate OAL and smoot bullet seating.
- Sound enclosure.
- OTM-300A feed system cases and bullets.
- Primer direction check with bad part eject.
- Mouth flaring station.
- Powder drop with volumetric measuring system.
- Bullet seat and crimping stations.
- In process bullet OAL check and bad part eject.
- Quick change tooling.
- Rotary cartridge insert that is mechanically timed to prevent from having operator adjustment.
- Stack light indicators to let the operator know feeder levels are low.
- Large touch screen PLC for machine controls.
- Internet connectivity for offsite machine troubleshooting.
- E-stop and other safety features.
- Machine guarding in ¼” clear polycarbonate.
- Safety sensors on machine guarding.
- All parts machined from billed aluminums, steels and stainless.
- All fasteners are stainless steel to prevent corrosion issues.
- All parts that can be will be coated for corrosion prevention.
- Solid steel frame and no blind holes to prevent areas where primer compound can gather and cause danger.
- Using solid steel instead of square tubing also adds weight which leads to machine rigidity.
- Smooth surfaces and removeable guarding to ensure easy clean up and maintenance.
- All steel parts will be heat treated and surface ground to prevent premature ware.
- Product manual (digital and hard copy) that will include recommended ware parts, and daily maintenance.
- 240 PPM run rate for 5.56 & 7.62.
- 300 PPM run rate for 9mm & 45 ACP.
- Power requirements 220V or 480V.
- 190” X 65” X 130” floor space.
The OTM-5000LM was built with 24/7 production in mind; we know down time cost companies money. That is why we strive to reduce jam points, operator adjustments, physical labor, and tooling change overs. As a hands off approach mentality, we know it is key to have great safety and check and measure mechanisms.